Tuesday, December 2, 2008

walking in a winter wonderland

The snow was falling so prettily as I walked from my car to campus this morning!
Made me forget for just a little while how gross it's been outside because of the slush... :P
It fell in small clumps, crashing and disappearing into the wet sidewalk... 
It made me remember how beautiful our campus is!
But in the midst of my reverie, as I trudged along in the cold smiling to myself... small snowflakes started flitting up my nostril!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am so serious, it totally startled me out of my happy daydreaming. 
Has this happened to anyone else? LOL 
It felt like the snow didn't want to continue its path to the ground and decided to hide in my nose instead. 

Ohhh the random hilarity of life. 

This post sounds ridiculous reading it over, but I just wanted to share.
Okay! Short photo upload before starting my studies today!


A family of geese! This was before the snow started...
Some treats I bought at a European delicatessen
I believe the chocolates are Polish... and I must say I don't think I'm too fond of them.
They tasted kind of fruity. And the chocolate covered marshmallow bars had a wet spongy texture.
The piggy I bought for the cuteness, but he didn't taste very nice either. Is marzipan supposed to taste like PlayDoh?

I really feel like baking... I've been trying to find an excuse to make a croquembouche... 

isn't it pretty?

5 comments:

j said...

ohhh!! where is this said european delicatessen that i can use to rub if-not-delicious-then-delicious-looking overpriced confections all over my body??
and i must say, that is quite the croquembouche....what exactly is a croquembouche?? haha.

sun.ah said...

its a tower of chou pastries! those cream puff pastries that korean moms buy frozen at costco.
i want to make it from scratch though...
and the deli thing is beside the new tea shop 168/across from angelo's+athletic club on wonderland!
i dunno if its really worth the check-out though... its pretty small. lemme know if you find anything edible in there!

Anonymous said...

from a testosterone oriented individual, i personally cannot describe the utter complexity of your creations. don't get me wrong, maybe i'm just not in tune with my culinary side but i just want to eat pretty colours and fake looking food. instead of commenting and pretending to know what i'm talking about i'll just do pretend to munch. (munch, munch, munch!)

(i am not generalizing for testosterone oriented individuals... as i realize some of the most talented chefs are men aka. Gordon Ramsay the Jack Bauer of food)

Anonymous said...

haha.... i thought u made those... maybe i should read next time i submit to my cravings.

Lisa said...

lovely post! HAHA yes i totally understand what you are talking about with the whole snow up your nose thing!

and those chocolate delicacies look so good!! are you sure it tasted that bad? maybe it was the snow up your nose that affected your sense of taste?? hehe

and croquembouche sounds so croquembouchey, i made cream puffs once, it was kinda fun! and it tasted okay too, post LARGER pics please next time!!! i find blogspot totally makes ones pictures totally small man.

my charger died again, i wonder when i will be able to do a post again..sigher