Saturday, February 28, 2009

Make it count.


All this talk of Lent... here are some of my thoughts about it.

I don't think I knew what Lent was, growing up. I don't even recall the first time I observed it, or what I gave up. I wonder if I understood what it meant at the time.
As I take this time to be alone, and have some introspection... I think I can begin to understand the "reason for the season." hehe. 

We have so much but are willing to give up so little to the One who's given us EVERYTHING. 

I want Lent to be real this year.
I want to not just give something up and then simply fill that space in my life with something else... I want this sacrifice to mean something, to be a way to experience God fuller, more real in my life.

Pastor Billy told us the other day that if we truly give something up and are really experiencing Lent, we should be growing closer to God. 

I want that.

So... here goes.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

here goes here goes
je crois en toi~

j said...

ah yes yes indeed. its so easy to get lost in the frenzied tradition of lent without thinking of who or what we are giving something up for.
Have you given something up for lent?
And i also hate waiting +_+..while i was browsing the main site (tpr.co.kr) i found the OLD APPLICATION!! without the standard test question! dang....but i cant send in an applicationg twice can i? can i?? ...i also don't like waiting +_+...

Lisa said...

oh definitely remembering you for march 15th. also i think it took like 2 weeks or so? i don't actually remember how long it took, all i remember is feeling really stupid because i was freaking out that they weren't getting back to me, but actually they did cause i was checking the wrong email the whole time...er..hehe you shouldn't worry at all, like you know carol and me and sharon too. so you probably will get the job, joanne too~