Saturday, April 4, 2009

a couple quick random thoughts

My mood today is kind of a muted yellow. It's not a sunshiney bright yellow, but its like the memory of joyfulness with a dull and lacklustre finish. There is definite potential for polishing and brightening to occur there, though... 

I just randomly found it too sad that Jang JaYun's suicide during the filming of Boys Over Flowers had no effect on the rest of the drama. I realize that her fans and friends in Korea must have been shocked and mourning happened, but on this side of the world... we just continued to watch BOF, and her death didn't even affect the plot..

This frustrates me for some reason I can't quite understand. I think it has something to do with how death is so PREVALENT but we're so quick to sweep it under the rug... and also something to do with how quickly the little flame our lives can be "put out." It's scary but makes me feel even more urgent to DO things with the right motives... For the Kingdom!!! Money "success" popularity fame power is so useless as personal gain in life when you can't take any of it when you go... 

And...

Oh, right. I've found roundtrip airfare to Korea mid-June to the end of August for $848USD... I'm soooooo tempted to just get on a plane and go, and just do private tutoring there... one of the (wonderful lovely awesome) froshies know the Dean of Medicine at Yonsei University so she said she could get me a volunteer position there at the hospital, too....

I feel like I have TOO MANY options to make a decision about what to do about my immediate plans for the future since TPR didn't work out... Boo.

Kk! I have to go get ready for April's birthday pah-ty tonight...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm still so confused to as why TPR didn't contact you!??! what the dilly yo! otherwise, i know what you mean about Jang Yayun's suicide, i feel like so many things are like that in real life...i can totally relate to my kenyan experience.

also that round trip to korea almost sounds too good to be true! its sick that its so cheap these days, are you really thinking of going to tutor?? i wish u could come to torontoooo~~

Susan Park said...

Yeah, I heard about the suicide thing too (well, yes, because I AM in Korea).

Just to answer your question on my blog: 2 reference letters, resume, cover letters, medical review, that's all normal. From the other teachers I talked to and my own experience, it took about 3 months to get it all organized.
Public schools are good to go to because they're legit. I'm getting paid 2.0 million right now...soon to be 2.1 million. so 1.8 is a bit low.