Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pre-Detoxification

I keep eating horrendously, justifying it by thinking to myself that "it's okay, I'm doing detox soon." I feel like I've gained 5 pounds from inhaling Haagen Daz, pastas, sweets, etc etc this week.

Ugh.

Also...
Note to self: do not listen to old school Mariah Carey. It does zero good for heart-hurt. It aggravates heart-hurt.
>.< Aigoo.

I'm pretty excited to go to Toronto this weekend (Saturday) for Kollaboration... I'm going early to squeeze some shopping in before we line up ridiculously (but apparently necessarily) early for Kollab. Hopefully Lisa can meet up after her familiy luncheon.

I didn't realize that it was THURSDAY already. Where did this week go? I definitely did not get enough reading into this Reading Week and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to be ready for my two quizzes next week. Not that they're worth much anyway. That's a lie, my Geography quiz is worth 10% of my final mark.... which I say is ridiculous cuz all it is is memorizing a list (albeit a LENGTHY list) of places in Canada and indicating their locations on a map. But I guess my professor's ridiculousness is helping my grades...

I keep accidentally touching where I shut the car door on my head the other day and not only does it still hurt, it still makes me feel oh so DUMB.

Ooh Ooh! We tried a different Indian restaurant today for Lunch Buffet!!!!!!!!!! Peter, Chris, Jenn Shin, Grace and I went to Jewel of India for $7.95 All You Can Eat Lunch Buffet. It was GREAT. I personally like it better than Massey's, which is a dollar more (or is it $9.99?) and not as big of a selection. Mmmmmmm. The naan was FRESH baked, which is what got me.

I'm amazed at how patient God is, and it makes me realize how much I am not. I've started reading the Bible again, at the book of Matthew and to be honest it's pretty slow going. I want to feel myself drawing near to God... I want to feel the difference Scripture breathes into my life..... I guess I need to learn how to let go of my need to control the pace of this process and trust that it is in much more reliable hands.

I want so badly to be held. To know that I am loved inside and out. I feel so lost right now... like I'm groping around in the dark, which I once thought was light. I'm so confused...

Lord, teach me! Be gentle with me! Help me trust You, and trust that at the end of this long road ahead, I will stand before you, renewed and restored.

On a different note, my skin is driving me N U T S.

No comments: