Friday, March 14, 2008

I need this old train to break down



I've been watching Food Network practically non-stop since I started Detox, and I can't decide if that's sick of me, like am I torturing myself? hahaha

I think it's time for a quick update on how my diet's been going!

1. Not eating meat really isn't a big deal for me, and I might actually just go veg again soon...
2. I MISS CARBS. Not being able to eat breads and anything chewy and sweet and delicious is just KILLING me. I've been substituting Korean rice cakes (떡) and puffed rice discs (뻥튀기) for "bread" but it just doesn't cut it, and the Korean food store doesn't have a constant supply of rice cake...... =( =( =( =(
3. I've gotten a lot more creative with my cooking... I find that I have to, because I get really bored and unhappy with my food. lol Some new foods I've made to date include Vietnamese rice paper rolls with shrimp, curried lentils, and spicy tofu soup (which I sort of cheated on, since it came in a package).
4. I can see my belly shrinking!
5. I'm not sure of my energy levels because I've been sick all week and therefore have just been exhausted in general.

Speaking of sick, DANG I haven't been this sick in a while. It started out pretty innocently, I just had a cough and a bit of a headache, but over the week totally exploded. *cough cough*.
I went home this week too, and our new cat did a number on my sinuses (I'm super allergic)... so the skin under my nose is just beautifully crusted and dry from all the damage my non-moisturized tissues have done (and TOILET PAPER when I was in class and had no tissues on hand!!!) and my entire face is so dry... even my eyeballs.

I woke up this morning and had no eyelids. I cannot go out on days like this...
I feel like life is passing me by.... I'm 22 tomorrow. Wow.

No comments: