Saturday, March 22, 2008

moo-ji-gae dduk


my heart is so light today.

i'm tired, but i intend to stay up at least a couple more hours in an attempt to start drawing up an outline for my essay that's due on friday. oh boy.


i was dropped off at north york centre at 7:30(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in the morning. i sat at wendy's for awhile with an orange juice and read, then bought some 떡 from the 가나안 떡집 down the street and hung out. i finished reading a really dark and scary book while waiting for the bus at Finch station (it was freezing!!!). the book is titled Song of Kali and is written by Dan Simmons. I won't go into much etail but it just had my hair standing on end and i gasped aloud several times throughout the 300 or so pages. the images it has stained on my mind totally creep me out and i actually felt afraid this morning in the public bathroom alone.


okayyy, so other than reading that book, my heart is so light today!


this whole rediscovering and rebuilding my relationship with God was overwhelming me this past month... i felt so lost and unequipped and didn't know what to do, but last night at the Good Friday service at our church, we watched clips from the Passion of the Christ and i remembered, for the first time in i think months, why i desire to know Him, be with Him...


So. my Question these days:


Who is my God?

1. He is my Saviour. my awesome awesome Saviour.


-on a totally random tangent, the ah-jum-ma at the dduk store told me i was pretty this morning. i secretly store those occasional compliments in my heart because to me they're like reminders from God that i am beautiful to Him... i feel so ugly sometimes... so although i blush and just nod and smile like an idiot when i hear things like that, they really do touch me deeply. one of the little highlights of my day.

-another was how beautiful the day was! the sun was shining! but it was still really cold... spring had better be here soon...

-family came over and was waiting for me when i got home from my toronto trip... there was abundant food and desserts and family members in our home... it was nice. i totally partook in the easter dinner... i'm really being lax about detox this time around, and its been pretty good...

i feel good. =)

No comments: